unfinished study of ferns I found growing in the garden. i found the pattern of spores against the green of the leaves attractive. watercolor.
stylized painting based on a photo of a bromeliad (found once again on the internet — to whoever owned that photo, i’m sorry i was unable to get your permission). cousin asked me to make something for her living room. i was in school and didn’t have much time, so i had to work on this on and off for over 7 months. most of the time i could only devote a couple of hours a week to it, and on some weeks i did not have the time at all. the painting lost all spontaneity and i hated it, but i had already promised to give it away. acrylic on canvas, 4 feet X 3 feet